Reporting to Cargo Business Director of the logistics centre, who will lead the revenue and profitable development of cargo business. You will be responsible for the planning, execution, and developing of the business development program targeting business opportunities and portfolios of internal group’s associated companies and air cargo related external parties (i.e. freight forwarding, logistics, e-commerce/express companies etc.). You will provide the market intelligence, customer account revenue and activity reporting as required by the management team. Furthermore, you will be working closely with other departments such as Operations, Product/IT, Facilities Engineering, and PR teams to deliver the corporate revenue and profit target.
- Lead, monitoring and analysing market developments, business performance, customer profile and business opportunities to enhance customer understandings/ insights and to develop appropriate business development programs
- Deliver the action plans in line with corporate revenue and profit target
- Be accountable for the KPIs regarding the sales pipeline, commercial achievement, and customer relationship management scopes
- Generate sales leads of prospective customers, and actively follow through to achieve business objectives
- Take lead in RFP process and formulate commercial offers when requested
- Identify business opportunities in target markets
- Nurture and develop relationships with key customer accounts
- Provide specialist advice on the products and/or services that the Company shall develop and introduce
- Prepare and negotiate commercial terms and conditions with customers in line with internal guidelines.
- Be responsible for contract management and agreements
- Keep updates on both progress and timeline regarding potential pipelines, and provide accurate forecasting of anticipation.
- Conduct the regular market intelligence research in order to Identify trends, situations and factors that make recommendations for business solutions and/or action plans
- Work with the PR team to develop marketing plans and related materials for the implementation of business promotion activities
- Assist in ad hoc projects when required
- University graduate or equivalent, advanced degree in related field is advantageous
- Familiarity with Hong Kong air cargo, air transportation, express or logistics market ecosystem and development, and with global exposure is an advantage.
- 7+ years of experience in the air cargo, freight forwarding or logistics industry
- Proven track record in key account management, business development and solution-based sales experience
- Strong business acumen to enable the development of business relationship
- Strong analytical and problems solving skills
- Excellent communication, presentation, negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Highly Self-motivated and and able to work in a fast-paced, multifaceted environment
- Team player, collaborative and customer centricity
- Excellent command of spoken and written English, Chinese in Cantonese and Mandarin